Bring in the New Year enjoying a hike at select Florida State Parks.
On January 1st, many Florida State Parks are participating in First Day Hikes. This is a great way to get outside and enjoy nature as we bring in the New Year. The Florida Park Service is proud to host more than 60 events, the most of any state.
For those of you in Northwest Florida here are the parks participating in the program.
Florida State Parks – Northwest Region
The following are Florida State Parks participating in First Day Hikes. Visit the links below for specific information on the events taking place in each park.
- Tarkiln Bayou Preserve State Park – 12301 Gulf Beach Highway, Pensacola
- Blackwater River State Park – 7720 Deaton Bridge Road, Holt
- Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park – 3540 Thomasville Road, Tallahassee
- Camp Helen State Park – 23937 Panama City Beach Parkway, Panama City Beach
- Grayton Beach State Park – 357 Main Park Road, Santa Rosa Beach
- Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park – 4281 State Road 20, Niceville
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park – 7525 W. Scenic Highway 30A, Santa Rosa Beach
- T.H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park – 8899 Cape San Blas Road, Port St. Joe
- Florida Caverns State Park – 3345 Caverns Road, Marianna
- St. Andrews State Park – 4607 State Park Lane, Panama City