Looking for a new place to explore? Try taking a safari! You don’t have to go to the African jungle; just head over to 5 Rivers Delta Safaris in Spanish Fort, Alabama. The Mobile-Tensaw Delta is a great place for scout groups, eco-tours, party cruises, overnight camping, Native American Indian Mound tours or any custom tour.
Bring your binoculars and camera to watch for wildlife. You may see alligators, osprey, heron, cormorant, pelicans, turtles, nutria, beavers and more. Learn about the history, geology, ecology and other characteristics of the Delta.
Seniors over 62 $19
Children 4-12 $14
Children 3 and under FREE
Reservations are recommended for the daily safaris which run from 11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Upcoming Full Service Safari Camping Trip Dates For 2012
October 13 & 14, October 20 & 21, November 2,3 & 4, November 17 & 18, and December 1 & 2.
All schools, scout and guide groups and other educational groups receive a 25% discount off most eco-tour services. 5RDS and the 5 Rivers Delta Center can entertain groups of any size, for a few hours or a whole day depending on your needs.
Standard offerings can include:
- Ecology based video in theatre
- Exhibit Hall and Animal Interaction
- Land Based Tours of the Live Oak Forest and Grounds
- Canoe or Kayak 101 – Land based Introduction to Canoeing/Kayaing
- Canoe or Kayak 102 – Water based intro to paddling and practice
- For the older kids (9+) – Problem Solving & Team Building exercises
- Boat-based Eco-TourCall (251) 259-8531
Check out this video for more information about the Delta Reserve and safaris.