1 C carrot pulp from juicing or chopped carrots in high speed blender
1 C rolled oats
1/4 C raw oat flour
1/4 cup fine coconut flakes
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 C golden raisins
1 C coconut flakes
1/4 cup agave nectar honey
1 tsp vanilla
Blend or stir in all ingredients until moist and forms a ball. Then, blend in raisins for two or three seconds more.
Blend in your Magic Bullet, food processor, or Vitamix until smooth.
- 2 cup raw almonds, soaked for 20 minutes and dehydrated
- 1 cup raw ground sunflower seeds, soaked for 20 minutes and dehydrated
- 1 cup ground flax, grind seeds in spice grinder or use flaxmeal
- 1 cup pumpkin, pureed
- 2 carrots
- 1 red apple
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 6 dates
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Combine the sunflower seeds and almonds in your food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium sized bowl.
- Add flax and cinnamon, pumpkin spice to your bowl and mix until well combined.
- In the blender or food processor process pumpkin, carrots, dates and apple until you get a puree.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Add raisins.
- Pour your batter on the cutting board and shape into a loaf (as seen below) Slice and shape into a biscotti shape. Dehydrate for 2 hours at 145, reduce heat and continue to dehydrate at 105 for 6 hours.
Try these healthy snacks on your next adventure! Enjoy them with your favorite drinks. They would be great with coffee while camping or with hot soothing chai.
Need a use for your Halloween sugar pumpkin? Make your own pumpkin puree!
- Cut the top and bottom off of the sugar pumpkin.
- With a potato peeler, remove the skin.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds.
- Cut the pumpkin into strips and feed them into the food process using the shredding blade.
- Transfer the shredded pumpkin to a high speed blender and blend to a puree. You will need to scrap the sides to get it nice and smooth.
Places To Play: