Blackwater River State Park is one of our favorite family outdoor locations. This park is one of the closest state parks to Pensacola, Florida and so it is ideal for a quick getaway.
Blackwater River has been designated a Florida Canoe Trail. The river is part of a statewide system of Greenways and Trails. We first visited Blackwater River State Park a little over a year ago while looking for a nice swimming area and a place to launch our kayak. Since then, we have spent many weekend days playing in the cool refreshing waters.
What can you do at Blackwater River State Park?
- Tubing – grab a tube and relax as you float down Blackwater River
- Camping – The state park has a nice campground. The campground has full electric hookups, bathroom facilities, playgrounds, and access to the river.
- Hiking – hike the beautiful Chain of Lakes nature trail.
- Have a picnic in the day use area.
- Relax on a white, sandy beach
About Camping at Blackwater River State Park
Relax under the shade of longleaf pines in Blackwater State Park. Easily access Blackwater River from Juniper Lake Nature Trail. At Blackwater you’ll enjoy camping, swimming, and hiking in this beautiful location in Northwest Florida.
- Two campground loops
- 30 campsites
- Picnic tables
- Hot showers, clean restrooms, and a dump station.
- Sites accommodate camping from tents to 35 foot RVs
Day use area at Blackwater River State Park
- Deaton Bridge – Just south of Deaton Bridge is a pay parking area for access to Blackwater River and Chain of Lakes nature trail. This location has picnic tables and BBQ grills. To access the sandy beach cross over Deaton Bridge road and access the beach at the beginning of Chain of Lakes nature trail. There are no restrooms at this location.
- Blackwater River State Park – less than a 1/2 mile north of the Deaton Bridge location is the gate to the Blackwater River State Park day use and campground area. This facility has bathroom facilities, outside showers, pavilions, and access the white sandy beaches on Blackwater River.
View Blackwater River State Park in a larger map